Join me in looking in the mirror at the person who is responsible for you and I not having all the financial success we want. This article is a nice checklist of the reasons why we say we want money, but in fact are really, ‘anti-money.’ And not the laundry type. We, that is you and I, and anyone who feels that they are not where they are supposed to be in life are guilty of thinking about at least one, if not, I dare say, all of the thoughts and behaviours that block our progress. This list is courtesy of Adam Sicinski of http://blog.iqmatrix.com/overcome-self-sabotage
When it comes to our limiting thoughts, we must pay close attention to the excuses we tend to make that prevent us from moving forward. Here are some examples:
- I’m just not educated enough.
- I just don’t have enough money.
- I just don’t have enough time.
- I’m just not confident enough to do this.
- I just don’t have enough experience.
- I’m just not ready yet.
- I just don’t know where to begin.
- It’s just too difficult.
- I’m just not good enough.
- I just don’t have any luck.
- It just isn’t the right time.
- Nobody believes in me.
- People are holding me back.
- I’m afraid what others might think.
- I’m afraid of making a mistake.
- I fear failure would crush me.
- I just don’t know the right people.
- It’s just too risky.
- I’ve tried, and it just can’t be done.
- I just can’t deal with all these problems.
- I’m just not creative enough.
All these excuses keep us stuck. And stuck is a horrible place to be. My girlfriend said the other day, “Most people are quietly screaming with every cell in their body to get out of the situation that they are in, but don’t know how to change.” And that is the worst. Being stuck in limbo. We can’t get unstuck because the excuses we make prevent us from moving forward.
So what to do?
- Stop hanging out with people as unhappy as you are. It’s time to change your perspective.
- Start hanging around people going where you want to go in life.
- Get financial advise from a licensed advisor.
- Don’t be afraid to start small with your investment. There are options for as low as $500 to invest.
- Invest in a ticket to financial planning conferences to widen your scope of understanding.
- Engage with a financial coach or attend master mind retreats that help persons clear out the mental junk and plan a better future.
- Learn a new skill. Especially an online skill that will allow you to earn anywhere in the world from your laptop.
All of the above require hard work. The solution to your particular problem will not fall into your lap. So roll up your sleeves and join me in carving out a Fabulous Life.
Host of the upcoming #FabulousLifeConference, Dennise Williams, MBA (Banking & Finance) is a Journalist, TV Producer, Certified Practioner NLP Coach and has 15 years experience in the finanical services industry. You can see more of her work at www.youtube.com/financiallyfocused.